Thursday, October 17, 2013

17 Oct 2013

I didn't blog yesterday.

Something happened and there was a rush of relief, then some anger, then more relief, then .. well it has been a bit up and down.

You might remember I said that one of my sons had been accused of a serious crime. Yesterday he was found not guilty on all charges. It has been almost 12 months since he was initially charged. 12 long months of doubt, and fear, and stress and a myriad of other emotions. The problem was that he didn't know if he had committed the crime. He admits to being very intoxicated at the time. And someone else took advantage of this, and used it against him by accusing him of a despicable act against another human being. They have spent the last year continuing on the farce, dragging him through the mud and putting him through hell.

My son is no angel, and you will never hear me say he is, but he didn't deserve this. He has made lots of mistakes and made life choices that I don't agree with, but he didn't deserve this. And even though he was found not guilty he will bear the scars of this for a lifetime, that someone thought so little of him as a human being that they could do this without remorse.

I truly hope he can move past this and have the life that he deserves, one filled with happiness and fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. I moderate comments and unsavoury ones will be deleted.